Primroses have a very long history of medicinal use and has been particularly employed in treating conditions involving spasms, cramps, paralysis and rheumatic pains. The plant contains saponins, which have an expectorant effect, and salicylates which are the main ingredient of aspirin and have anodyne, anti-inflammatory and febrifuge effects.
***Because this tea contains anthocyanins, when it is BLUE on its own, and if you add it to an acidic drink (such as lemonade), it turns PINK. Magic isn't it?***
The juice of the flowers, either used alone or combined with other ingredients into an ointment, was supposed to be effective at treating facial spots and wrinkles. Also this flower tea are fermented with water and sugar to make a very pleasant and intoxicating wine.
###This Tea has a strong favour and do not suit for patients who are sensitive to aspirin
Enjoy your tea time:
Ground 3-5 bulbs for a mug, 6-8 bulbs for a pot. Add boiling water and allow to infuse 5 minutes, and serve with honey. Notice: High concentration of Chamomile has a bitter taste.
Please store in an airtight container in the refrigerator or a cool, dry place, away from direct sunlight
Tea: Primrose Tea
Our Sun-dried Herbs
- Grown in Australian Certified Organic soil, Chemical free spray free
- Hand-pick on season
- Our ECO Jar containers are up-cycled from retired coffee jars. Helping you minimise your carbon footprint!
- Have a luxury and self love bath
- Good for any sweet and savoury dishes, hot or cold beverages, homemade soap/candle, skincare, dream pillow, hand-made chocolates
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator or a cool, dry place, away from direct sunlight